Thursday, August 6, 2015

Glamping - Let's talk about that.



 Firelight Camps  has it made, there is no better place then along Cayuga Lake for this B&B style of camping.  Glamping tickles my fancy because it mixes nature and my favorite obsession, textiles and decor. I am also thrilled to have heard of it getting  much success in a place that holds much of my heart, Ithaca, NY.

   Glamping, adds romance to the outdoors. It enlivens our senses with an ease of comfort.


 I imagine as I tuck myself in to this bed, the wind carrying the scent of rain across the lake and hills, droplets let gravity take hold; the sound lulls me to sleep. The crispness of  air and dew on petals in the morning awaken my consciousness; when the earth's light rises and nature wakes. The sun throughout the day, nature trails and beauty of the gorges to bask in. A winery has our attention for the late afternoon and as night falls the big sky takes shape. A city glow is forgotten as is it's typical trespasses against our human nature. I am glad Firelight can capture these memories of mine for the masses.  


 While I likely will never stay here, I just might be able to classify my uncle's place as an earlier version of glamping... All of us cozied up in a farmhouse heated with a wood burning stove and blankets over windows for insulation, or a summer night with the aroma of cut grass filtering though a fan in the window, creeping gardens and an outcropping of barns and sheds leading to a pond more fit for algae then swimming these days. None the less it's seen it's share of skinny dipping throughout many a child's hood. Thinking of it with a Casita & yurt it's a wonder he hasn't extended Firelight Camps and additional site for accommodations...

Here are some other glamping sites making statements across the country. 

Luxury Cabin in Ashfield, MA

Moab, Utah

Sky Islands Of Arizona


I think a few of these places are worth an inspiration-vacation. 

1 comment:

  1. I would love to go glamping one day. I too grew up camping with the family every year as a child. We'd stay in rickety cottages in Delavan WI and swim and eat all day. Wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete