Saturday, August 8, 2015

Favorite Honey Holes

 Here are a few of my favorite honey holes.... 


HUNTER BEE, a great name for an Antique Shop if you ask me. This engaging shop located in Millerton NY has been an thought of mine since I first set foot in the door 3 years ago. I love a great name to start and I also love a shop filled with things that I would buy expecting to sell. It's even better when you find items that are on sale for double or triple what you may have found them for. I look forward to my next visit and well done on the stationary throughout the store.



NOR'EAST, you'll need to know your stuff to go here, don't expect any deals and you will need to know how to put it together, light it or plumb it. This is not for a weekend warrior unless you have a lot of experience. My experienced guys aren't happy when I bring 'em my find's from here. It's normally an eye roll with an "who's going to put that together?"



Journey's Eye Studio, I walked by Jody at Ramble Market & knew I needed to talk to her. There was chemistry. She and her husband were a delight to talk to and have the a creative collection of vintage and custom pieces. 
RAMBLE MARKET
Ramble Market, I don't really want to give this place away as I found great pieces here. If you see Fry boots in a size 7 - I call dibs, and I fully expect your let me know. 


FUN ANTIQUES, eh was surprised by the name of this shop, I only just found out when I was looking for their logo but don't let the name fool you. This little place is packed with stars and they restore lighting too.



RESTORATION RESOURCES, City prices but great treasures and you'll hear all about where each piece came from at great length. A good place to start to get your feet wet on item values and styles. They are wealth of knowledge.




BEAUTY & ESSEX, less about the antiques more about the food but still a great way to enter a restaurant if you ask me. Check out the jewelery you'll be sure to see a few diamonds and a couple Carrie name sake necklaces.



FOUND, I walked out of found with a few tables in my day. A great collection of mid century modern furniture can always be found in their aisles.

Now get lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment