Friday, July 31, 2015

Happy Accidents 1

Every week or so at headquarters 
we get a food/supply order.

 One single order of honey later the office 
ends up with a dozen 12 oz. bottles of honey.

After  a week's worth of honey jokes 
and razing of the purchaser was had by all,
an idea came to me while at my happy place,

TJ Maxx

As I grazed through the aisles sickened by the mass quantities of the same flavour furniture, I stumbled upon my latest crush, the food section.

 While delighting in the aisle of dried fruit, gluten free everything, including deserts,
I came across turmeric;

Have you heard of it? No,
me either.
Apparently it's an impressive spice with legs in the holistic medical market
 and noted as one of the latest items climbing the ranks of 
the super food chain. 

Anywho, 
on the back of the packaging
was a recipe for a turmeric & honey facial.... 
Sounds messy, but ok. we have enough to go around. 


.This is how we handle happy accidents.
Wag more, bark less. Shameless dog plug.


After re-reading my packaging there was no actual ratio for honey to turmeric. Naturally I made one up. Two heaping spoon fools added right to a 12 oz. bottle (approximately 9 oz were in the bottle). Shake & Boom. Instant face mask.

 I put the concoction on my face, slightly scared that my face was going to turn the color of an Oompa Loompa.  It went on smoothly and wasn't as sticky as I'd expected. I left the mix on my face for about 10 minutes then rinsed with warm water and a towel.

My face definitely has an orange glow, DO NOT do this right before you go out, unless of course your going for the spray tan gone wrong look. I think a pre bed is nice. I also think it works better as scrub then a mask. I noticed while I was taking it off that is a really soft exfoliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment